1. I had a piece of iron that I bent on both ends to place in the tree, there are available hooks with both ends bent as above that can be purchased at any garden center.
2. Decide where you are going to hang the feeder and how high.
3. Cut your chain appropriately.
4. The feeder comes with four holes on top (see pink arrow above). Place chain in hole and separate one link of chain and bend outwards so the chain can't come through the hole.
5. Put the four pieces of chain on an O-ring and hang on your hook.
It is a good idea when being presented to someone to remove your sunglasses as the eye-to-eye contact is important.