* 3 chicken bouillon cubes
* 2 1/4 cups water
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 1/4 cups quick grits
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (grated)
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 2 packages frozen cooked shrimp (about 80 medium size shrimp)
* 2 Tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 4 teaspoons minced garlic
1. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water, add milk. Stir grits and salt into liquid mixture. Cook (microwave) until thicken, add cheese and pepper and cook one more minute.
2. In a large skillet heat oil and add garlic, cook about 1 minute and add frozen shrimp and Old Bay seasoning. Sauté and reduce for several minutes, until shrimp has cooked through.
3. Serve shrimp over grits.
Original Publication 1952
Costume and real jewelry may be worn together if this is done tastefully.